St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favorites to celebrate in kindergarten! Leprechauns, rainbows, and all things green make it all a fun celebration for the littles. Whether you’re in person or virtual with your kiddos, here are some ideas that are sure to engage your little learners!
Digital Escape Games are one of our class favorites this year! This one is no different! I like to share my screen with my whole class on Microsoft Teams. Then, I put my class into teams of 4- 5 children each, and let them work together in breakout rooms for each question. As they solve each challenge, they unlock a piece of the puzzle! Whichever team earns all the pieces first, wins! Check out the Digital + Print St. Patrick’s Day here.
We also have some favorite read alouds for St. Patrick’s Day! Here are some of our favories:
- The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day
- How to Catch a Leprechaun
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover
- Pete the Cat: The Great Leprechaun Chase
- Pout – Pout Fish: Lucky Leprechaun
- The Luckiest St. Patrick’s Day Ever!